- Category: Contribute
During the upload step, where someone has created a model and would like to include it in the common database. The creator assigns the attribution details to the model metadata (creator retains attribution rights if desired as either:
- CC BY (creative commons with attribution - where the attribution is to the creator or organization), or
- CC0 in the creative commons with no rights reserved.
We have decided at this time to maintain a database of 3d Blacksburg models with this CCA or CC0 requirement. Information that is recorded includes the attribution type (0 = no restriction or A=attribution to an individual or organization), author, author address or URL, creation date, and LoD.
The process begins when a person decides to put a model in the commons. Contact 3D Blacksburg if you would like to become a contributor. We intend to hold occasional training events to help people understand how to participate. Once a model is received by 3D Blacksburg:
1. attribution is confirmed and recorded in the model file during the curation process (QAQC) by 3D Blacksburg. This information is embedded in the metadata for the X3D, KML, or other files containing a representation of the work.
2. Information recorded in a model information database, which can be used to generate metadata and status maps. The attribution will be visible on the status map resources for 3D Blacksburg.
3. Attribution is displayed on a page with contributor details (authors can opt out) on the 3dBlacksburg web site.
A model designated as CCA where A are the attributions, would follow this format:
A= "Your Name or Organization" and A= "<<em>your website URL</em>></p> <p style="margin-bottom: 0in;">For example: A="CGIT" and "www.cgit.vt.edu".
The 3D Blacksburg team may redistribute the data to other sites such as Google Warehouse with a hyperlink to www.3dBlacksburg.org in the info window (description tag).